What its Life to be an Executive Assistant?
I am an EA for more than 10 years already, and yes it’s nice, fun and stressful to be an EA especially if you are really working with the big bosses. But there will be a lot of perks once you gained the trust and respect of your superior.
My current job is Executive Assistant to the President of the company and to his wife who is the VP for admin and finance, if you are asking me if it is stressful yes definitely I have to be 24/7 available for him.
Working with my boss for 7 years now, we are already comfortable working with each other, it’s a love and hate working relationship. The good thing is he knows how to value my presence and importance to him.
Let me share with you what is Life to Be an Effective Executive Assistant
1. Being an EA you have to be emotional ready- Don’t be too sensitive, you must remember that you are working with the top management who is always busy and stress.
2. Being an EA you must always READY- Ready in all task and everyday challenges
3. Being an EA you must be open minded
4. Being an EA you must have a positive attitude and full of energy
5. Being an EA you must be Professional
6. Being an EA you must learn how to do multi tasking activity
7. Being an EA you must open for new learning
8. Being an EA you must know how to keep confidential and secrets
9. Being an EA you must know how to handle your superior and be ready that he/she will be part of your everyday routine
10. Being an EA you have to LOVE your job
What are the basic duties of being an EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Organizing and maintaining files and records
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Making travel and guest arrangements
- Providing quality customer service
- Working in a professional environment
Just always remember to be an effective EA you must love and enjoy what you are doing. And have the ability to relax, being able to enjoy the role that you’re in, enjoy the people you work for and work with.