As a first time mom, everything is new to me while raising my little kulit. There a lot of questions running in my mind if I am doing the right thing. I am so glad that my parents is with me all the time, I have a savior :-). Being a parent is such a hard work because from the start we must do the right thing for our child’s foundation and development, there are times na mas masarap isipin na ang “sarap maging bata”. Each of one us unique we have different ways in raising our kids and building our family.
Few weeks ago, I was invited to the launch of Fern Kiddimin which I really enjoyed and learned a lot of things from Dra Ria De Guzman MD. She is a Developmental Pediatrician, she explained very well the child’s development from the day he/she is born up to the three years of growing up.
Learnings in Raising a Happy Child
1. The first three years of a child is the most important stage while growing up. This is the time that they developed their self-esteem.
2. From birth up to three years is the fastest rate of brain development. “Malaki ang Ulo pero Hindi Mayabang”
3. Our child needs a good sleep, “Tulog ng Tulog pero hindi Tamad”
New born (0-3 months) 14-17 hours
Infants (4-11 months) 12-15 hours
Toddlers (1-2 years) 11-14 hours
Pre-schoolers (3-5 years) 10-13 hours
School age children (6-13 years) 9-11 hours
Teenagers (14-17 years) 8-10 hours
4. Nap time is not really needed if they reach 6 years old as long they sleep for 9 to 11 hours.
5. Height comes from growth of the bones. Height heritability can be as much as 87-93%.
Paternal Height + Maternal Height + 5 inches or 13 centimetres / 2
Maternal Height + Paternal Height – 5 inches or 13 centimetres / 2
6. Environmental factors, particularly nutrition may contribute 20-40% of height.
7. Vitamin D helps strengthen the child’s bones. Let them play outside to experience the outdoor activity.
8. “Play gives Children a Chance to Practice what they are Learning”
i. Toddlers at least 60 minutes and up to several hours per day of unstructured physical activity and 30 minutes of structured play.
ii. Young Children at least 60 minutes and up to several hours per day of unstructured physical activity and at least 60 minutes of structured play
9. Quality Time and Quantity time is both important . That is why us parents we need to be with our child in their early years we must devote our time. There is no such an excuse that we are busy.
10. Do you know that the average IQ of a child at age of 3 regardless of socioeconomic status of the family was correlated to low, medium or high levels of daily talk to the child during the first three years of life?
11. She also reminded us the about the screen time of our kids. I feel guilty about this especially if I am doing something. But when Dra Ria told us that the brains will rest after six hours upon using the gadget. I limit his screen time for 3 hours a day so he his brain can have enough rest.
For moms like me, what is important is that their kids are doing what they love and are enjoying their childhood. This is why they equip their kids with well-rounded nutrition with ne FERN Kiddimin.
Ang Batang Laki Fern Kiddimin
New Fern Kiddimin is a food supplement syrup which contains essential vitamins and amino acids (chlorella, taurine and lysine) for growing and active children. These essential nutrients has their own way of bringing out the best in every kid.
To support mental quickness, it has Taurine and Vitamin A. It has B Complex and Lysine to help stimulate a healthy appetite. It contains Vitamin D3 for a strong bones and muscles, and Chlorella which assists in growth. Fern Kiddimin comes in a “sarap” orange flavoured syrup kids will love
FERN Kiddimin is available in bottles of 120ml at Php 158.00, and 60ml at Php 88.00 in selected drugstores and FERN Kiosks nationwide.
Raising a child is never an easy job, but they are only kids once and as much as possible we want them to have a childhood they will cherish. We want them to feel they are not too young and not too weak to be achievers.